Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 5:00am
7TH ANNIVERSARY OF CIELO@BASELCITYSTUDIOS
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SWITZERLAND!
SA. 22.5. START: 22H ON 2 FLOORS
new york floor
NICOLAS MATAR (CIELO/NEW YORK)
diego vendossa & chris di carlo
special guests: Miguel Cipriano (zh)
la terrazza floor
Fred Licci & Fred Linger
Cruz & Aden
Gin Tonic Sound System
Andrew Leone & David la Palma
Surprise Guests, Dance Animation & Mc
22-23H SPECIAL PRICE FOR ALL LADIES
OPEN AIR TERRACE & GRILL CORNER
THE SUMMER WARM UP HIGHLIGHT 2010!
dj nicolas matar:
If it takes fifteen years to make an overnight hit, then NICOLAS MATAR has truly come of age. The story of House music has run from the New York underground via Ibiza to London and back around again many times over the past fifteen years – and as the chapters have unfolded, our man has been there to turn the page.
Nicolas has been DJing since the tender age of 15. He got an early head-start from his father, an original member of Studio 54 and a denizen of the 70’s New York club scene. “Dad was a hobbyist DJ had an incredible collection of Disco, Funk and Soul records,” says Nicolas. “I grew up with a mini club in my basement. My parents used it to entertain their friends with my Dad behind the decks.
Nicolas musical style is very diverse, encompassing everything from Deep House, Soulful House, Nu-Jazz, Techno, to Disco Classics. Like most globetrotting DJs, Nicolas spins regularly in the US, UK, Spain, Brazil, France, Mexico, Peru, Netherlands, Italy, Estonia, Greece, Finland, Canada, Singapore, Belgium, Korea, Hong Kong, Turkey, Japan, Indonesia.. It is perhaps his greatest accolade that from 1993-2001, Nicolas was the resident DJ of the world-renowned Pacha in Ibiza. Nicolas credits those years during the golden era of House Music at Pacha as the inspiration for his eventual return to New York to build Cielo.
Nicolas opened Cielo in New York six years ago. Cielo has been awarded an unparalleled eight awards in its first four years and has become a reputable brand worldwide. In addition to being the co-owner/resident DJ, Nicolas handles all music programming and marketing at Cielo. Roger Sanchez, Francois K., Louie Vega, Tedd Patterson, Richie Hawtin, Danny Tenaglia, and Frankie Knuckles are just a few of the Djs who play alongside Nicolas at Cielo on a regular basis. Go to www.cieloclub.com to see a list of the hundreds of world class DJs who have performed a Cielo in recent years.
Cielo is about to release its sixth compilation “Playtime”, this summer. Cielo’s first compilation, “Cloud 9”, its second compilation, “Paradizo”, and following third compilation “Seventh Heaven”, were a great success worldwide and amongst the best selling CDs in Ibiza during the summer. Nicolas has also mixed three other highly acclaimed DJ compilations: “Latitude 40”, and “Sundance” for the Journeys By DJ Label in the UK, and “Tropicalism”, for Razor and Tie in the US. Please go to www.cieloclub.com/nicolasmatar or www.myspace.com/nicolasmatar for more info.
Cielo Awards: 2003-2009
• Winner, “Best Party”, Dance.Here.Now, Clubworld 2009
• Nominated, “Best Club USA”, Clubworld 2009
• Nominated, “Best Resident DJ”, Francois K. For Deep Space, Clubworld 2009
• Nominated, “Best Party”, Dance.Here.Now, Clubworld 2009
• Winner, “Best Club USA”, Clubworld 2008
• Winner, “Best Resident DJ”, Francois K. For Deep Space, Clubworld 2008
• Nominated, “Best Club USA”, Clubworld 2007
• Nominated, “Best Resident DJ”, Francois K for Deep Space, Clubworld 2005
• Winner, “Best Club USA”, Clubworld 2006
• Winner, “Best Deep House Club”, New York Magazine 2006
• Winner, “Best Venue USA”, Urb Magazine 2005
• Winner, “Best Club”, Clubworld Awards 2005
• Winner, “Best Resident DJ”, Francois K. For Deep Space, Clubworld 2005
• Winner, “Best Club”, Dancestar USA 2004
• Winner, “Best Interior Design Club/Lounge”, Clubworld 2004
• Finalist, “Best Design Bar/lounge”, Gold Key
Since opening in 2003, cielo club has regularly featured some of the biggest djs in the world
and has won an unprecedented number of awards (best club, best interior design etc.)
more infos: www.cieloclub.com