Nothing like a good success story to get one motivated for the new year. Congratulations to the CAPP Records family on this milestone!
It’s a great day here at CAPP Records. One of our hottest compilation releases to-date, 50 Techno Electro Tunes, Volume 1 has reached the #1 spot on Apple iTunes Store’s Top Albums in the Dance category! http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=273371303&s=143441
50 Techno Electro Tunes, Volume 1 is a value-packed release that, in addition to techno and electro, contains some incredibly strong material from the progressive and house realms as well. This is a clear indication of what dance music fans want to hear on their iPods, at home, and on radio.
As always, mixshow jocks, radio program directors, and working DJs need only contact us to gain access to the great tracks on 50 Techno Electro Tunes, including the club remixes. (Just reply to this e-mail.)
Some of the highlights on the release, many of which we have been (or soon will be) promoting include:
- Rob Mayth’s amazing track, Can I Get a Witness
- Verano’s energetic You’re My Angel
- Steve H’s soulful Don’t Stop Dancin’
- The legendary Brooklyn Bounce with Crazy, an incredible cover the popular Seal song
- Andrew Spencer’s strong follow-up to Zombie, titled To Be With You
- The amazing Rikah with Everything is Changing
- Sample Rippers’ Miracle Maker
- Discotronic’s funky number, Tricky Disco
- Cary August’s strong Bizarre Love Triangle 2009
- Ultra Flirt with Heaven is a Place on Earth
- Andrew Spencer & The Vamprockerz huge global hit, Zombie
- Italy’s Fab with Waiting for a Girl Like You
- Mega Mania with a great cover, Summer of ‘69
- Brooklyn Bounce with Progressive Attack
- Barry Love’s Let the Music Play
- Alex M.’s awesome I Can’t Stand It
- Rikah’s Out of Time
- Brooklyn Bounce’s Sex, Bass and Rock ‘n’ Roll
Music lovers also very clearly see the strength and value in this release in the current economic climate, offering a full 50 tracks for just under 10 bucks. Plus, on iTunes, we give buyers the extended mixes as well for free.
As many of you already know, several weeks ago, we started two new Internet radio stations: iDanceRadio.fm, and iDanceTechno.fm. We did this not to compete with our friends at other Internet radio stations—stations we often enthusiastically support with our advertising dollars—but rather to provide another means to bring this music (and the great dance music of other artists and labels) to consumers. With so few terrestrial dance radio stations left in the U.S. , and with the consolidation of XM and Sirius satellite radio, there are now fewer choices than ever for dance radio. We want to help correct that balance. Internet radio may seem old-hat to some, but it’s truly the wave of the future; with an iPhone or BlackBerry, listeners can take our Internet radio stations with them wherever they go, in full fidelity, without being tied to their PCs nor having to pay a subscription fee.
Finally, a big “thank you” to the artists, producers, songwriters and remixers represented on 50 Techno Electro Tunes, Volume 1, as well as our Germany-based label partner, Mental Madness, and of course, to you, our loyal fans who have embraced this release and our music here at CAPP. We very much appreciate your support.
Dominique C. TOULON
CAPP RECORDS USA, a division of CAPP COMPANY
“Your Licensing Source Of Today’s & Tomorrow’s Hits”
P.O. Box 150871 San Rafael , Ca. 94915-0871
Tel (415) 457-8617 / Fax (415) 453-6990